Projects that our charity participated through the years include:
– “Our chance for a better life – a therapeutic and rehabilitation cabinet – Butterfly” co-financed by the National Fund for Rehabilitation of Disabled People (PFRON), aimed at increasing the independence of disabled people by conducting group and individual classes on developing skills of efficient communication with the environment and improving and supporting the functioning of people with hearing, speech, autism and intellectual disabilities.
– The project “Let’s help ourselves and others” co-financed by the City of Płock assumes conducting free, individual classes in the field of speech therapy, rehabilitation and neurokinesiology for 10 disabled people residing in Płock. Long-term and systematic therapy implemented in the project provide reinforcements that will condition the correction of disturbances and disturbances on many grounds.
– The “Świerszczyki” Psychomotor Therapy project for children, adolescents and adults with a disability certificate / degree was co-financed by the City of Płock. Compensation and movement classes conducted individually for 10 participants were aimed at increasing independence and gaining the skills necessary in everyday life and increasing the overall fitness of the body by strengthening muscle strength, as well as stimulating psychomotor development.
– The “Motion Therapy” project co-financed by the “Grant Fund for Płock” Foundation assumes increasing the independence of 40 disabled people (including the disability certificate), including deaf people. There were conducted sports activities – individual and group, aimed at improving physical and emotional fitness as well as supporting, popularizing sport and physical psychotherapy.
– The project “I know, I know, I understand” co-financed by the Mazowieckie Social Policy Center concerned the development of the Multimedia Educational Program necessary for therapeutic and didactic work with deaf children.
– The project “Understanding to help – sign language courses” assumed the pedagogisation of parents and guardians of disabled persons. The courses were addressed to 48 people residing in the Mazowieckie Voivodeship, members of families of disabled people, carers, staff and volunteers directly involved in the process of social rehabilitation of disabled people. The project concerned improving the skills of working with people with disabilities, including caring for them and providing help in the process of their rehabilitation.
– The project “Learn to work with me” assumed the pedagogization of parents of children, youth with dysfunctions and carers of adults with neurological disorders. Training workshops for 15 people in neurokinesiology and a sign language course for 15 people were conducted. Workshops and the course were addressed to people living in the Masovian Province, members of families of disabled people, carers, staff and volunteers directly involved in the process of social rehabilitation of disabled people.
– The “Equal Opportunities Communication Bridge – Sign Language Courses” project concerned conducting 4 sign language courses. The courses were addressed to people residing in the Masovian Province, members of families of disabled people, carers, staff and volunteers directly involved in the process of social rehabilitation of disabled people.
The Marta Chojnowska charity “Przerwij Ciszę” thanks to the co-financing by the Marshall’s Office of the Mazowieckie voivodeship has developed the first publication on the market in the form of job cards containing didactic exercises for educational and therapeutic work with deaf children entitled “Work Cards – therapeutic and didactic exercises for working with deaf children”.
Due to the small number of publications in Poland regarding the education of deaf children in pre-school age and in the first stage of education, the “Przerwij Ciszę” charity developed a set of exercises for teachers and parents adapted to the special needs and capabilities of deaf and hard of hearing children.